Before Hardwood Installation
Here is what you can expect before your hardwood installation with Carpet Collection:
- We will walk you through the entire installation process before we begin. This is a good time to ask any questions that you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Please refer to your sales contract for the specific work you may need to do to be ready for your installation.
- Be prepared not to have access to the rooms where the installation is set to take place.
- Depending on the weather and the specific product you chose we may want to deliver the materials 24 - 48 hours before your installation for climitization.
During & After Hardwood Installation
Expect the following during our hardwood installation process:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, adhesives will be spread on your subflooring, and hardwood planks will be laid individually. Your crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the layout of the room.
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- Our crew will clean up and complete our QA.
After your hardwood installation, the following should take place:
- We will walk you through the installation and allow you to ask any questions that you might have.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Be sure to save touch-up paint, as most paint and urethane take up to 30 days to fully harden.
- Please be prepared to pay your full COD balance to the installer at this time.
- Follow any additional instructions as outlined by your sales associate or installer.
- Walk on and enjoy your nailed-down hardwood immediately, but wait 24-48 hours if it is glued down.
- Be sure to follow all hardwood industry guidelines for maintaining your home's temperature and relative humidity.
- Be sure to save extra uninstalled flooring to be able to make repairs if needed. You will not likely be able to re-buy the same floor again.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your new hardwood.
Schedule An Appointment
The team at Carpet Collection in Lockport, NY is ready to help you achieve your flooring dreams. Whether you're interested in an installation, in-home measure, flooring estimate, or more, we can help!
Fill out the form to the right, and we'll contact you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields